This course will cover the following:
- How to structure a difficult conversation and find a positive purpose
- The importance of empathy and when not to empathise
- Keeping the conversation on track and using language that does not create resistance.
- Recognising when not to have a difficult conversation and how to leave a conversation that may be unhelpful
- Gaining agreement with the other party and making a plan for the future.
The workshop will cover a range of topics depending upon the interests of the group, including: personality clashes in the workplace; delivering difficult news; supporting individuals who may be distressed; difficult performance conversations; responding to the difficult behaviour of another person; responding when another person criticizes you; when to engage in mediation and when not to engage in mediation; difficult conversations in close relationships, among many other possible topics.
Date: Tuesday 21 February 2017
Time: 9.30 am – 1:00pm (morning tea provided)
Venue: CHFV Level 1, 128 Exhibition St, Melbourne 3000
Presenter: David Cherry
Cost: $253 inc GST for members - $275 inc GST for non-members
To register please email Holly.Mullaney@chfv.org.au